Monday 7 June 2010

Tree & poem


WE needed a tree layout for 2 sites this month. One is Artastic where we needed to have a tree,2 birds and some falling leaves. The second site is scrap the poetry where the inspiration was the "giving tree". I don't normally double up but the photo I had worked for both.(SEE EARLIER POST RE THE TREE GETTING CUT DOWN)
This gorgeous tree is like a friend. It stood in our backyard for over 80 years.I had a cubby house next to it when I was small.I looked at that tree every morning out of my bedroom window....it has always been there for me.4 generations of my family gathered to watch it being cut down.A very sad day,although a relief for my mother who worried about the neighbours houses.

6 comments:

heidi said...

this is such a beautiful story and a wonderful layout! "The Giving Tree" poem perfectly complemented the story. thank you for playing along with Scrap That Poetry!

Mel said...

Wow your story could not be more perfect for the poem. I love, love, love all the little details on this. Especially the little man with the arrows. TFS!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous LO Julene! I just love how you've taken that line from the poem and made it your own!
Luv Shelee from ARTastic and STP!!

Kelly said...

Your layout is beautiful and just perfect for this poem!
Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap that Poetry!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous... thanks for playing along with both Artastic and STP!!! You did a fabulous job!

glorygirl said...

Perfect for "The Giving Tree"! Thanks for joining us at STP!