Tuesday 4 December 2012

bird is the word and a breath of celtic.

While on our travels around Ireland we visited Glendalough near Dublin where the tower was built in 1170.It can be seen in the top photo shaped like a pencil. The Celtic graves cover a huge area and hark back to those times.It is a fascinating place.Both of us felt an atmosphere of history,or a breath of the past hence my layout.

I've used a map of Europe from an old encyclopaedia and coloured Ireland in green(what else?).
The 3 tags are misted using Sugar maple and the Twiddlybits Celtic knot has been treated with rusting powder.I've also added bakers twine,a clock face and a ticket for my journalling.

3 comments:

Keren Tamir said...

Hi and thank you for participating in BITW with us!! lovely layout!! just became your follower.
I hope you can come and visit me too

http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca/

Lizzyc said...

HI.. I love the story behind your photos and i love the way you have used the word Breath.. and thanks for joining in at BITW!!

Elisabeth Sarkis said...

Beautiful page,thanks for joinng in at BITW !!