Tuesday 11 December 2012

Orange Paperie Christmas challenge

Here is the December sketch for Orange Paperie where the other criteria was Christnmas using non-Christmas colours and embellies.
I've chosen autumn colours for my layout.It started with the background paper-Canary Damask by little Yellow Bicycle,
To that I've added a strip of yellow paper with a rub-on.This meant yellow and black,so the third colour became orange.I've used crochet flowers and a vine bought from Becci Sunberg recently which were placed on to the strips of pp next to the photo and a single grey flower, top left for balance.
The 2 vines have been painted with yellow to resemble the leaves on Christmas bush.I chose not to put a third one there as it looked too cluttered.Finally I added a Francheville square brad on my journalling card.
Christmas bush always blooms right on Christmas and so adds a touch of the Australian bush to Christmas.


4 comments:

Dolly B said...

This is gorgeous Julene, I LOVE the colours you have used and the vine as the banner, fabulous take on the challenge
Mary x

Cheryl said...

Great take on the sketch. love the "banner".xx

Kylie gW said...

Great take on a very hard comp!! Vinelicious.

Kim Ewins said...

Love what you have done with the sketch...great banner and colours!!