Thursday 3 January 2013

January counterfeit kit


This month's Counterfeit kit is called Merry Winter and features the above papers and colour scheme.The idea being to scrap Christmas photos.I've exhausted my supply of Christmas photos so
 I went with shapes on the paper,trying to stick to patterns of the above rather than colours.This gave me a mixed bag.Here's my first match up to photo above
You can see that I've got fairly close.
My thickers are pale blue and green to co-ordinate with my colours.
I've also added chevron washi tapes,some Basic Grey labels,A leaf flourish,fabric badges by kaisercraft,Journal tags by Dear Lizzy & American Crafts,Grace taylor adhesive pockets,white tickets,October Afternoon Midway collection of Embellishments.
I then found ribbons in pinks,reds,blues and blue-green to match my papers plus Francheville buttons,chipboard butterflies and tag shapes.(You can't have too many embellies)
 
 
Finally, I went off at a tangent but will only use these if drastically needed.Some of the papers are from Kaisercraft's "save the date" range so I put the remaining papers from this collection plus some bright cardstock to co-ordinate.(Let's call it an adjoining mini-kit)
I'll justify it by saying it is mid summer here in Australia so we need some bright colours.
 
 
 
 
 


9 comments:

Lisa J said...

Lovely kit Julene. There is certainly plenty there to keep you busy for the rest of the month.

mandysea said...

I agree Julene, I like to pop in extra for just in case too! Love your pattern choices and reading about your process too! Have fun creating!

Margie said...

I think you nailed it! Great kit!

glorygirl said...

This is so close to the original! Great job! Love your items on hand if "drastically needed" LOL. A scrapper is always prepared!!!!

sassyscrapper said...

Ahhhh...mid-summer! That sounds lovely! Speaking of lovely, you put together a lovely kit. I think it's great the way you followed the shapes and patterns from the papers to create a kit that will meet your needs. Have fun creating!

Jessica Theodore said...

Hi Julene please email me at jesstheodore84@optusnet.com.au if you would like to accept the DT position at feeling-sketchy.blogspot.com.au :)

li-bee-ti said...

Lovely kit, Julene! I'm looking forward to see what you'll make with it.

Jennifer Grace said...

I love the leafy flourish in your main kit, and I think a summery add-on is perfect to make the kit suit your season! x

Lisa said...

your bright add on is really an eye catcher! what a lovely collection of products for this dark time of year!