Tuesday 22 January 2013

Purple pumpkin sketch with a touch of Ombre

Here is the sketch for Purple pumpkin this month and below is my take on it.The American crafts paper with houses all over it was bright so I've used a Ruby Rockit circle then cardstock as my mats. The layout features 2 palaces we saw whilst on the hop-on hop off bus around London. The only Purple Pumpkin thing I had was the twine.I've looped it around trying to create a vine with flowers.This was extremely difficult as it had been through the Xyron to make it sticky. I've also used 2 Websters buttons and some lace dyed in different shades using walnut ink.The ombre effect is for Counterfeit Kits.It is not another challenge but a technique we're asked to try out.

9 comments:

Elaine coustley said...

Love your layout. Background paper is magnificent as your circle , great embellishments. x

Anonymous said...

Great details on this layout.

Lizzyc said...

Looks great, I like to cover a busy patterned paper with something plain too, your layout looks great!!

glorygirl said...

Wow! Great job on the ombre flowers! I looooove that. Just may have to try it myself!

Lisa said...

i like your use of the bold background paper - it works really well. the ombre effect is really good!

Judith said...

The colours really go well with your photos. Thanks for playing along at Purple Pumpkin this month.

Debbie said...

Great take on the sketch! Love your paper and embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Purple Pumpkin.

Vicky Varvadouka said...

Beautiful Take on the sketch!Thanks for playing along at PP!

Unknown said...

Everything ties in nicely Julene...thanks for playing along.