Sunday 24 March 2013

Experimental techniques

For CSI this week I've used my 2 favourite colours-green and yellow.As soon as I saw the palette I thought yippee. The challenge was to document what you like about yourself.
Having been divorced and retired,plus my daughter living in another city.....it makes me free to do as I please.So I called my layout "free as a bird"
I've used some of the layering techniques learned at the Finnabair workshop.
I've tucked parts of flowers under the cardstock, border punched the edges and inked with distress ink colour "old paper."
On to that I've then used rubons, washi tape, strips of paper plus a rolled paper pole for my 2 flags. I've used a close up of myself and despite my eyes being brown, they came up green on this photo.There's a fussy cut bird on a branch  and some flowers dabbed with a wet teabag.
The piece de resistance is the birdcage from memory maze.
I've distress inked it in black then added roses twirled through the cage bars plus a tiny word saying "freedom".
I hope you like this.
 

No comments: