Sunday 9 June 2013

Artastic with recycled materials

You can always guarantee that if there is a challenge I will go outside the square and think of something different. In my case I chose to do a baby photo.
 My layout  for Artastic, ended up rather shabby chic but much of it is recycled. The book papers are from an old encyclopaedia that I tore up.
The strip of vintage lace is from a petticoat of my mothers.
The other lace flower is cut from wedding dress scraps.
The 2 doileys were actually under a coffee at a local café (I knew they'd come in handy) and the shiny cream paper which I punched and inked was the back of a wedding invitation.The 2 chipboard flowers are from another layout that I dismantled.
I love the quote so wanted to use the fabric idea and run with it.

15 comments:

Margaret said...

A precious layout

Jane said...

I love how you have used all your recycled pieces Julene, they have made a really lovely layout. Thank you so much for joining us on ARTastic.

amanda73 said...

Such a gorgeous layout, love what youve done here....... thanks for playing at ARTastic

Trish said...

Cute photo and LO

Lesley G said...

Such a sweet page :)

Unknown said...

So sweet.... and what a genius way of using what others would throw away :0)

Jay Kosta said...

Haha I love the idea of using doilies from under a coffee - just another excuse to head to a cafe! Ive actually had some coasters saved from my travels as a teenager that I might use one day!
This turned out really well - love the soft feel....

Elaine said...

Oh I'm so glad I'm not the only one tucking those doilies in my handbag at cafes. I love the use of the fabric and lace, along with the encyclopaedia pages, they all tie in together so nicely. Gorgeous.

DebiJ said...

What a wonderful page Julene! I love all your recycled elements here & those under-coffee doileys...and such a sweet photo. Thank you for playing along with us at ARTastic!

Angela Toucan said...

so pretty

MiliPea Designs said...

This is such a beautiful layout!

Unknown said...

I love the monotone theme of your layout. Makes the photo stand out! Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!

Helene Bogren said...

This is so cute!!! Thanks for playing along at ARTastic.

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

Julene what a beautiful and lovely layout you have produced whilst playing with the recycling theme. Thank you so much for joining us at ARTastic this month.

Shazza said...

hi julene!

You have created a very pretty layout this month, great work. thanks for playing along again with us!