Thursday 2 January 2014

Child's play challenges-Monopoly

I used to be on the DT for Child's play challenges.

 This month one of their challenges is to base your layout on the monopoly board.
Sorting through my remaining photos from London (4 years ago) I found 3 of Whitechapel road.
It is one of the streets on the board and also famous for government institutions such as the horse guards, houses of Parliament, etc.
Next I used a Memory Maze frame which was divided into squares.
To fit Big Ben in, I cut the piece between the top right squares.
I've used stone coloured card as backing and MME Collectable striped paper.
The word Timeless is also Memory Maze inked in black.
I've used a 7 gypsies Permission slip for my journaling.
The idea of it came from cards in Monopoly that give permission to get out of Jail free.
I've used a picture from a previous Counterfeit kit of a royal procession as  I'm sure Whitechapel road has witnessed many of those.
This is my first page using my January Counterfeit Kit.
 
 

17 comments:

LCSmithSAVED said...

So clever to remodel those slots to fit your photo, and all the other nods to the game!

LCSmithSAVED said...

So clever to remodel those slots to fit your photo, and all the other nods to the game!

Denise Price said...

Wow, you were fast! Great job. Thanks for playing along with Child's Play.

It's interesting for me to learn about one of the properties on the English Monopoly board. We have different properties on the American board. :)

Tina Campbell said...

That is a sweet layout and a cool challenge too

petrii said...

Lovely LO!! And I love the Monopoly idea.
Blessings ~~ dawn

Tara O said...

A great challenge and you stepped right up to it and conquered it. Love how you made the slots fit your photo. Great LO

Steffanie said...

Well done! Great idea getting inspiration from the "get out of jail free" cards! Thanks for playing along at Child's Play!

Heather M said...

Great Layout! Love your embellies! Thanks for joining us at Childs Play.

Devra said...

This is terrific. I like the vertical striped papers working with the tall photo of Big Ben. Thank you so much for playing along with us at CPC. Nice to see you back!

The Paper Trail said...

I love London! Great way to showcase your pictures! Thanks for playing along w/ us at Child's Play!

Deanne Saunders said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks so much for participating in our CHILD'S PLAY challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
~DEANNE~
A Little Bit O' Paper

TantiK Creation said...

Pretty layout. Love how you interpret our challenge. Thank you for joining us at CPC.

Jane said...

Oh yes the famous Whitechapel Road - great take on the challenge Julene. Thanks for joining us on CPC.

Colleen said...

Love how you used the grid piece- I've never seen anything like that before. Love the jail card inspiration story. Thanks for laying along at CPC!

Doreen Vasquez said...

Oh wow that Memory Maze guide is so cool! I love how well it made your layout turn out!
Love the way you were inspired by the Monopoly challenge and the little bit of trivia I learned from your layout!
Thanbks for playing w/ us at CPC!

Adele said...

Fabulous way to use the Monopoly board! Way to go, and thanks for playing with CPC!

MJ's Kraze said...

Great way to do the monopoly board. Thanks for joining us at Child's Play Challenges.