Sunday 8 June 2014

Off the rails scrapbooking

I followed Lizzy Hill to Off the Rails scrapbooking last month and did a layout only to find out I had missed the closing date.
This month it is to use fabric.

I started with a remnant of curtain material with a large self pattern of flowers and birds.
I stitched the square onto patterned paper.
Where the flowers are I stitched and glued random flowers, that I had including some hydrangeas on a large daisy base.
I used a small chipboard piece I had which I inked pink.
As well as the curtain fabric you will notice there are white organdie flowers in the mix.

My title was ready to go so I put it through the Xyron only to discover the I is missing.
After looking everywhere it seems to have vanished.
I have substituted a cardstock I.
Here is the finished layout.

7 comments:

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Oh Julene this is so clever. I love the scrap of curtain material, what a genius you are! Isn't that Lizzy a trooper. I've followed her into some pretty awesome challenges too and don't worry ..... I miss the cut off dates all the time!! So glad you haven't missed this one. Thank you for joining us over at Off the Rails.xx

Fiona Paltridge Designs said...

Julene, we have just featured your layout on our Face Book Page. "Off the Rails Scrapbooking". Look us up and we'll add you as a friend xx

Unknown said...

I love that you used the curtain remnant on your layout, very nice. Thank you for joining us at Off The Rails Scrapbooking.

Lizzy Hill said...

Well, you made it this month, LOL...& it's FABULOUS...I would never have thought of using lace like that...looove it....I'm wondering if you ever found that 'I'm though....my luck I would once the other was glued on!!!! Thanks so much for joining in....glad you 'found' OTR:):)

Catie said...

I love the way you've matted everything on your layout with your curtain fabric. Such a great use of the fabric. Thanks for joining in at OTRS for this challenge :)

Sue Plumb said...

Wow! What a great use of fabric! Love the fact you have stitched it on and used it for the background - very clever! Thanks for playing along with us at Off the Rails! :)

sannalippert said...

love the idea of incorporating a piece of curtain!!! I´ve got grandma´s curtains here waiting to be re-used for some projects :). i was thinking I´d make lavender bags with them..but I might think again. looks lovely on the laoyut too! thanks for playing along with us at OTR! hope to see you join in again, xoxo, Sanna