Sunday 26 April 2015

Feeling sketchy #119 and a reminder



Don't forget to leave a comment on this 2000th post to be in the running for my mystery prize http://julenebydesign.blogspot.com.au/2015/04/my-scrapbooking-crush-and-magic-2000.html

It is growing every day.



The above sketch at Feeling Sketchy prompted me to turn a disaster, I recently had, into a card.

Using Kraft cardstock by Tim Holtz (which isn't cheap) I upturned a dried out (I thought) bottle of glimmer mist.
You know what happened, don't you? It ran everywhere!

After cleaning up, I cut the cardstock to the size of 2 cards.
This is the first.
 By putting the centrepiece to one side (Does that make sense?) I was able to make a feature of my blob, plus use one of the other papers the glimmer mist ran on.
I had 2 brads which matched the same forest green card, so have made a mother's day card.


Very arty!

8 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Great card Julene. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

Sharon said...

Love the card Julene. You know some of my best work has come out of a mess up that I had to fix and it turned out great. You really did a good job on this one.

Kay Wallace said...

As Carolyn Dube says, an "oops" is just an opportunity, and you certainly took advantage of this one! Great card, Julene! Thanks for participating in the Feeling Sketchy Challenge Blog this week.

Kay Wallace
Feeling Sketchy DT

LisaM said...

I love your blob! You turned something bad into something amazing! Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Jen Leeflang said...

Your blob is great - I think it looks like a flower on a stem silhouette. It certainly made a great dp for a card. Thanks for joining us for our Feeling Sketchy #119 challenge. We hope to see you gain soon.

love
Jen L
Feeling Sketchy DT

Michelle Looi said...

Gorgeous card, Julene! Great background work!
Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy!

Andreja said...

Beautiful card you made! I like how you take our sketch. Thanks tor joining at Feeling Sketchy :-))
Hugs, Andreja

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, and your disaster turned out great ~ Michelle FS DT