Wednesday 22 April 2015

Lest we forget at Let's capture our memories.



Let's capture our memories

Here's the sketch which I flipped, putting the photo more on the right.
 A few years ago I bought Anzac Day paper in a throw out bin at Spotlight.
I thought I'd use it for scraps.

However with the ANZAC centenary coming up, plus a recent visit to The Australian War Memorial in Canberra, I felt inspired.
I've 2 sheets of this paper, so there may be another layout to make this part of a double.

I hand embroidered the title.
I made the red felt/tulle flower
The hessian is recycled,as are the buttons and buckle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, so many wonderful things going on here. I love your embroidered title and all the cool embellishments. Great take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at LCOM.
-Cher

Janine Rachau said...

Beautiful page. Love the embroideries and sentiments!

Brenda's Scrap Place said...

Great take on the sketch.Thanks for joining in at Let's Capture Our Memories.