Tuesday 21 April 2015

My Scrapbooking Crush and the magic 2000


 


I'm in awe of my Scrap Crush as her layouts always look so NEAT.
 Maybe that is why I like them.
Her sense of order appeals to me.

What I like about her layouts
They are clean and not overcrowded with unnecessary goods
The photo(s) are always the focus
Her photos are random every day stuff, not posed.


Her layouts usually feature:
sequins or rhinestones placed singly, not in groups.
coloured enamel dots
other small embellishments
bright colours, quite often yellows and teals/turquoise
now that she produces her own masks and wood veneers, they also feature on her pages
her journaling is handwritten
subtle layering

Here's my interpretation of one of her layouts.

My interpretation used some of my Counterfeit Kit for this month, plus other items.
 
The only thing I've added (which I have not seen on her layouts) is the chipboard fairies.
They had to be there!
I'm also linking this to 4craftychicks where the theme is fairies

Guessed who it is yet? Tell me in the comments.

More importantly, come back to the CKC blog on 21st for the reveal post.

     *****************************************************************************


This is my 2000 th post on my blog.
Now that is something to celebrate!
In order to help me celebrate just leave a comment below and I will choose a random winner.
The winner will receive a mystery prize.
I will announce the winner on my 2015 post or in about 3 weeks, since I seem to average one a day.

17 comments:

Jo Hanna said...

2000 post Wow congratulations.

Lisa said...

I know who it is! *wink*

A fabulous page Julene - what a perfect little fairy! great use of the colours and elements and I can definitely see your Scrap Crush in there!

Huge congrats on 2000 posts! Wow! Go you :-)

happysnapper said...

That's a lot of posts, I'm guessing Ali Edwards

happysnapper said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Margie said...

Ashley Calder?

KellyO said...

Totally stumped. All. Can think of is Julie Fei Fan Balzer who has stencils, but this is definitely not her style. Love your subtle layering on this.

LCSmithSAVED said...

Congratulations on 2000 posts!!! I'm not sure how many I have done, but I'm sure it will take me years since I am not a very faithful blogger.
I am going to guess Jennifer Grace? I have some of her products, and I think you gave a very good description of her style - I also love her pages & products :D
Your page is wonderful!

sassyscrapper said...

Well, congrats to you, Julene! What an accomplishment! Hmmmm...I just don't know who your crush could be, but you did a great job putting this layout together. The fairy needed to be in this layout! Nice job!

Stephanie said...

Great layout Julene & congratulations on 2000 posts!! I think your crush is Jennifer Grace :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I thought Jennifer Grace. Congrats on2000.

Susan said...

I have absolutely no clue so I won't even guess but I really like your layout!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable page. Love that you kept your photo as the focus of the page! Thanks for playing along on the Fairy Challenge over at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Hugs,

Ronda, 4CC Guest Designer

Tina Campbell said...

Congrats to you that is an impressive number!

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout Julene. Congratulations on 2000 posts.

Kay Wallace said...

200 is a wonderful number, Julene, but, 2,000 is over the top and definitely magical! Congratulations are in order here, for sure!

Chidkid said...

Thanks for introducing me to a new designer! Lovely choice. Thanks for popping by my blog too.

Jennifer Grace said...

Gorgeous page Julene! I love the bright yellow background and the scattered embellishments. Amazing congrats on 2000 posts!