Tuesday 21 April 2015

Stuck on U sketches

Are you feeling the change in the weather where you are?
Today it is rainy & blowing a gale...........winter is on its way!

Perfect weather for scrapping.
I'm stash busting my Counterfeit Kit, using all those little bits for a challenge at Stuck on U sketches.
It is a die cut challenge where we are asked to use Industrial items.
Typewriter, gears, camera, lamp/light fixture, sewing machine.  

 
Last month I had some typewriters in my March kit.
I've used two of those to make  tags.

I also had photos of an old typewriter, so prepare for typewriter overload!


I'm still trying to establish a definition for diecut, but it is my understanding that pre cut shapes such as the chipboard I used is a diecut.
 Some sites insist you use a machine like cuttlebug to cut your own, while others accept anything cut into a shape.

I inked these chipboard pieces with black distress ink to resemble typewriter cogs and threaded ribbon through them as you would on a typewriter.



 
 

3 comments:

Nanne said...

What a great layout.. love your use of embellishments..
Thank you for joining our DC challenge over at SOUS
hugs
Nanné

Eli said...

Beautiful typewriter! I love this vintage style. Great project for our challenge.
Eli for Stuck On U Sketches

Tracey said...

Great layout....love the vintage embellishments! Thanks for joining us at SOUS!