Thursday 2 April 2015

That black flocked paper!

Here it is. The black flocked patterned paper.
I've had this for over 10 years and several times went to use it but couldn't get inspired/hated it.

I put it in my Counterfeit kit this month to make myself use it.
 I started by pulling other items from my kit that would possibly go with it.
My first thing was a large black mat.
Next was a card from last month saying "Madly in Love".
I used it as a photo mat.
The perfect photo emerged of my daughter and her partner, both wearing black, in a motel room.(They were visiting me)
It worked!

I added a stick on strip of fancy silver scrolling plus a sticker in the corner that matched the background paper.
A simple layout maybe, but those colours were a real challenge.


7 comments:

Granmargaret said...

Lovely layout

Granmargaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Very pretty layout.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow good way to use that paper :) Super cute layout too :)

Susan said...

Sometimes all it takes is the right combination. You must be happy to put that paper to great use. Nice job!

LCSmithSAVED said...

It turned out great! That paper is so dramatic it really carries the page. I think I would have been tempted to fussy-cut it - some nice motifs on there.

Margie said...

Good job! Doesn't it feel great to use up old stash?