Thursday 5 November 2015

k+ inspired by Pink

The challenge at K+ is be inspired by Pink. The singer, not the colour.
I watched 2 of her You tubes and notices a commonality to both. FIRE

In "SO WHAT" and "FUNHOUSE" she is burning things.

I have one sheet of Tim Holtz Kraft paper from a pad that I once owned.
It features a large bird flying downwards...perfect for a fire!
(Yeah, I know, it's warped)

I started by misting around the birds tail and the back of it's wings. There's a little pink in that.
Using a black journaling pen I outlined my flames.
I found a stencil of a flower with points(like a waratah),so used black texture paste through that stencil.
Next I used a pennant stamp upside down for finer "flames".
I had 2 vellum autumn leaves, so cut off the stalks and added those as flames.
My brown dotta-riffic pen added more colour & pattern.
Over the top of all that I've stapled black mesh (from a Halloween lolly bag).

Next, I put "SO WHAT?" as my title. No photo on this one.
It is mixed media and does include Kraft.



I just noticed there is music on the background card plus Paris, New York, London.
I'm sure Pink has been there.

4 comments:

mandysea said...

Love this Julene!! thanks for your lovely comment too! Hope you do play along with Frosty - its always fun... I do so much I never thought I could do! Jennifer-Grace is such an enabler!!! LOL

Lizzy Hill said...

Love it! The 'so what' is pretty clever on this project & I do love that you haven't included a picture.....K+ can be anything as long as it's on Kraft....it's nice to see something different! Thanks for joining in with our current challenge:):)

Paula said...

Such a fantastic interpretation of the challenge Julene. Thanks for joining us over @ Kraft+ :)

sandra said...

This is so very clever Julene.
Love that background!
thanks for playing along with the K+ Pink challenge