Tuesday 12 April 2016

Challenge #2 Use a DT members layout from Cest Magnifique.



Challenge #2 is to use a Cest Magnifique DT member's idea and make it your own.

The above layout has inspired me.
It is by Teresa and here's what she says
"This page was another quick one where I cut a piece of the flower printed paper and adhered it to the left side and then glued the photo onto a bunch of layered pieces of paper and the doilies that you get in the set.  The string I pulled apart to make it more lacy looking and the flowers and die cuts went perfect on both sides to frame the photo.  The little flowers I punched out from the paper and added a little bit of the white gel in the centers.  I still need 2 more photos but it's a gift that Ii need to frame so I am going to find something neat to finish it for them later."

I started with an old family postcard .
There was writing on the back, so I photocopied that and used it underneath.(where the 2 white squares are on the original.)
My postcard was matted on 2 papers as close as I could achieve to the original.

I machine stitched some crochet lace plus some grainy braid in a neutral colour.
My flowers are all different but blend in.
The cream layered lace one I made myself.
The twine is looped around the central button of the flower, instead of a loose bow as in the original.
Where the original has tiny white flowers, I've used wood veneer and punched butterflies.

 
and here is a close up of the postcard. It made us laugh!

3 comments:

Susanne said...

Very pretty, I love the scattered butterflies.

Kelly Sroka said...

Great job!

LCSmithSAVED said...

I knew you would have no trouble using up all that vintage goodness that was in your kit! I love the childish handwriting on the postcard & I'm glad you found a way to keep it visible. So much texture on this page!