Thursday 6 April 2017

Two more cards

I'm off to have my flu vaccination this morning which is never fun.
To take my mind off that, I made 2 cards.
My first is for SPRING theme at As you see it. 
A new challenge site for me

 My answer is flowers.

I mixed media the background y spraying 3 mists then smooshed it with a sponge.
The flowers and tea cup button flair were on my desk so are random.
I think they look ok though.
 
I'm also entering this at http://craftycardmakers.blogspot.com.au/

Next is a card for Shopping our Stash where they want twine, thread, ric rac etc.
I've made a purple toned card using ric rac plus 3 shield shapes with a threaded button on each.

Now to go to the doctors. gulp!

6 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

Julene, great to see that you've not only discovered us, but joined in! Love the smooshy sprayed background you've created. It's pretty hard to go past flowers for Spring and yours are colourful and fresh. Thanks for joining us at As You See It.

Heather Cooper said...

I'm so glad you've discovered our challenge blog, Julene! I love your cheeky little bird and your lovely flowers. You've done a great job smooshing your background. Thanks for playing with us at As You See It Challenges!

Amy Jasper said...

I love the spray and smoosh! And the teacup is the perfect touch. I love that you made these cards to help take your mind off of the doctor visit! Art is therapeutic, isn't it! :)

Thank you for sharing your creative art therapy with us at As You See It! I hope you'll play along again.

J said...

What a lovely background - it's made a very pretty card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Jackie

lauren bergold said...

such fun projects & a cool use of the buttons and thread! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR STASH with us this week!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Such a pretty card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Cardmakers and good luck with the Challenge, Angela x