Friday 13 April 2018

Rochelle Spears sketch challenge & 4 crafty chicks.



Rochelle Spears site has this sketch which I've used as a starting point for this layout.
Earlier this month I counterfeited a paper by using a rubber stamp of someone on a bicycle. I'm using that paper as part of this layout.

My cousin and I visited the war memorial in Canberra to research her grandfather's war records.(From the other side of her family). I went with her as I'm good at library research being a librarian.

We visited the wall with red poppies for all the deceased soldiers. Pat placed a poppy there.

My layout records that fact and was a sombre moment so I didn't have loads of embellishments.
My flairs from Bramble fox saying Remember the facts and family storyteller were appropriate.
The only arrows I had were the chevrons. It appeared to me later that they look like soldiers stripes. My twine was plain.



Also 4 crafty chicks have a card challenge named raining cats and dogs.

They want us to feature rain on our card.
There's no cats or dogs on mine, but I've used vellum as my background then made a tag featuring and umbrella picture I had.
The raindrops are from Flourish with a bling.




2 comments:

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at 4CC, good luck!!! Amy DT

Rochelle Spears said...

Very Nice! Thanks for playing along with my challenge! :)